Thursday, March 3, 2011

A New Years Resolution (a few months late).

So, I have this really bad habit, it's called shopping. I am definitely a shop-a-holic and it's just not a good scene. I spend way too much on clothing and shoes and other pretty things I just don't really need (although they are fun to have). Also as an environmental studies major it really stresses me out to think about how much I am contributing to the production of more stuff and let's face it, the majority of stores I shop at are not even remotely fair trade or eco friendly. This makes me feel like a walking contradiction because I am studying for a career in conservation and here I am consciously contributing to the problem. This is why I have decided to change my shopping ways, for at least the rest of the year I am not going to buy any items of clothing or shoes unless they are sold from a fair trade eco-friendly clothing line OR thrifted/off ebay or etsy. I am hoping by doing this at the end of the year I will have a little extra cash in my pocket and a little less guilt about my shopping habits. Its a win win!

2 comments:

  1. Ummm...great resolution! Have fun and good lucksss with this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the exact same thing!!! It has been almost a year and I feel so much better about myself and my wallet is so much heavier :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...