Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Thursday, March 24, 2011
Sorry I havent blogged in forever I spent a week with my sister in London/Paris and since then have been doing a mad dash to catch up on classes and course work but I thought I would take a quick break and share a few photos from our trip with you!
We had a great week full of yummy food, sight seeing, shopping and we got to see Katy Perry perform in London which was so much fun! She put on such a great show! Hope everyones week is going well, and hopefully I will be getting back to posting regularly this week :)
Thursday, March 10, 2011
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
With the gorgeous weather here and the essays and assignments starting to pile up and my exam schedule staring me in the face all I can think of is how much I miss Africa. So bare with me and all of the photos I am about to spam you with.
Okay I better stop..I can't promise this wont happen again though.
Friday, March 4, 2011
I have never done a what's in my bag post mostly because there is nothing that interesting in my bag so I decided to do a what's in my make up bag post instead! Because I travel quite a bit and can't carry around a huge make-up bag I keep it really simple, also because I don't buy make-up very often and I have really bad skin I buy mostly higher end make-up, which can be expensive but I personally feel it's worth it. As you can tell my favorite make-up company is Benefit and almost everything I own is from them, I am completely in love with their make up.
3. Benefit Hello Flawless Powder Cover-up - The BEST!!
7. Eco Tools 5 Piece Bamboo Set - These are such great brushes and are really small and come with a carrying pouch, so great if you travel a lot.
8. Benefit You Rebel Lite Tinted Moisturizer - If you have dry skin you need to buy this asap! Its a really great moisturizer and it also acts as cover up!
9. Gosh Eye Shadow - These are the only eye shadows I usually use but Gosh has every colour you could ever want!
10. Benefit Badgal Lash - Greatest Mascara ever created.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
So, I have this really bad habit, it's called shopping. I am definitely a shop-a-holic and it's just not a good scene. I spend way too much on clothing and shoes and other pretty things I just don't really need (although they are fun to have). Also as an environmental studies major it really stresses me out to think about how much I am contributing to the production of more stuff and let's face it, the majority of stores I shop at are not even remotely fair trade or eco friendly. This makes me feel like a walking contradiction because I am studying for a career in conservation and here I am consciously contributing to the problem. This is why I have decided to change my shopping ways, for at least the rest of the year I am not going to buy any items of clothing or shoes unless they are sold from a fair trade eco-friendly clothing line OR thrifted/off ebay or etsy. I am hoping by doing this at the end of the year I will have a little extra cash in my pocket and a little less guilt about my shopping habits. Its a win win!
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
People Tree is an amazing fair trade clothing company that sells organic, environmentally friendly high fashion clothes! Their spring collection is absolutely amazing and the lovely Emma Watson even has her own line through this brand that she designed herself (all fair trade and eco friendly of course)! We all know the importance of being a smart consumer and doing our part so definitely keep People Tree in mind this spring if you are looking to add a few pieces to your closet. Also they have tons of stuff on sale at the moment so go check it out!
Monday, February 28, 2011
1. Shoes that could do some damage.
2. A Hidden tattoo.
3. Tulips blooming in February (this would never happen in Canada)
4. Fresh blackberries.
5. Coffee runs in cute t-shirts.
6. A batch of my very favorite vegan cupcakes.
6. A batch of my very favorite vegan cupcakes.
7. A few pictures from our wine and cheese Oscar viewing party.
Thursday, February 24, 2011
Cool right? One of the many hidden treasures of Exeter! At its narrowest point its only 62 cm wide! The first narrowest is Spreuerhofstrabe in Germany which is only 30 centimeters at its narrowest which is crazy, kind of makes you wonder if someone just decided to start calling a gap between buildings a street, no?
Heres a few pictures of it I stole off google.
A little suspicious if you ask me..
Anyway on to more important things like fun with nail polish! I am a big fan of matte nail polish and today I found out they sell clear matte finish nail polish, score! So I bought some and was pleasantly surprised with how well it worked.
I left the tips glossy and I quite like the results plus it was the easiest thing to do! I would definitely suggest getting a bottle of Rimmel Matte Finish its super cheap and you can use it with all your favorite colours you already own.
Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Well it has been raining for the last four days and looks like it will continue all week. I really underestimated the amount of rain the UK actually gets. So I thought I would do a post of my favorite things to survive a week full of rain!
I hope everyones week is dryer then mine!
Monday, February 21, 2011
1. It rained all weekend, so I doodled on my window.
2. It was also really cold, so a friend of mine and I went to our favorite pub for french onion soup to stay warm.
3. New shoes that turn my feet black.
4. Harry Potter Crew - No Surrender! Haha okay probably not what that stands for but this is the city Harry Potter was created so it's not entirely impossible.
5. Saturday nights at the pub.
6. Our version of t-shirt tiiiiime! (If you don't watch Jersey Shore ignore this.)